METRO unveils its 2022 Corporate Responsibility (CR) report
December 21, 2022 – METRO today releases its Corporate Responsibility (CR) report, covering its food and pharmacy activities for fiscal year 2022.
This new report is different in form from our previous reports, with more ESG - environmental, social and governance - data enhancing our disclosure.
In addition, it is published at the same time as our other corporate documents, giving a complete perspective on METRO's performance, both financial and non-financial.
We have made progress towards our goals and we are on track:
- We announced our support for the Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD), becoming te first Canadian food and pharmacy retailer to make a public commitment;
- Since September 2022, we have been phasing out single-use plastic shopping bags in all of our banners;
- We have made progress on all of our targets in support of our equity, diversity and inclusion priority and are wellpositioned to achieve our goals by 2026;
- We reduced our food loss and waste by 25% compared to 2016, and are halfway to our goal of a 50% reduction by 2025;
- We recovered and redistributed more than 4.5 million kilos of food through our One More Bite program, the equivalent of more than 9 million meals;
- We received a top rating among our peers from Canadian science-based seafood watchdog eaChoice for our Sustainable Fisheries and Aquaculture Policy and our fish and seafood traceability program. By 2022, we had achieved traceability for more than 98% of our purchases;
- We increased our offering of private brand products that foster healthy eating by 18%.
Click on the link to view our Corporate Responsibility (CR) 2022 report.
For more information, visit metro.ca/responsibility.