Date de publication
13 mars 2019
Postuler dès maintenant
Détails sur le poste
Lieu physique : Etobicoke, ON
Secteur : Distribution
Vice-Présidence : Maintenance Supervisor
Type du poste : Permanent - Temps plein
Metro is a Canadian leader in grocery, pharma and retail with annual sales of $16 billion and 85,000 employees in Ontario and Quebec. We are currently comprised of more than 250 grocery stores in Ontario that operate under the banners of Metro and Food Basics. With over 400 million being invested in Metro Ontario’s Supply Chain and Distribution over the next 5 years, we are looking for great people to help service our amazing customers.
Position: Stationary Engineer
Employment Type: Full Time, Union
Benefits: Competitive benefits and pension plan after 3 months of continuous employment.
Shift: Afternoon (2:00pm-10:00pm) and Overnight (10:00pm-6:00am).
Responsible for the cooling system in the warehouse.
What can we offer you?
- An active work life
- Paid orientation and training
- 40 hours per week
- A fast-paced service excellence focused environment
- Safety shoe allowance available after 3 months of service
- Looking after Ammonia refrigeration plant including its computer related monitoring and accessories.
- Maintenance of Ammonia piping, occasional trips on roof.
- Penthouse cleaning, Ammonia piping, coil drains & coil fans.
- Be able to handle screw and reciprocating compressors, Ammonia & water pumps, cooling towers.
- Proper use of Ammonia gas mask & follow Safety Protocols as per Metro’s policies & TSSA Regulations.
- Taking care of battery chargers as required, checking electrolytes in the batteries.
- Use of proper PPE while changing batteries.
- Expected to be assigned to other duties at times.
- Follow instructions given by Chief Engineer or Senior Team Members.
- Class “B” Refrigeration Operator, or
- Third Class Stationary Engineer required for the Produce Warehouse, or
- Forth Class Stationary Engineer required for the Frozen Food Warehouse
- Minimum 3 years of experience on Ammonia systems
- Excellent trouble shooting skills
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
Metro is dedicated to fostering a diverse work environment. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment. Applicants that meet the qualifications will be contacted for an interview.
Metro is committed to accommodating applicants and employees with disabilities. Should you require accommodation or this job description to be available in an accessible format, please advise.
Postuler dès maintenant