Détails sur le poste
Lieu physique : Etobicoke
Secteur : Distribution Center
Vice-Présidence : Supervisor, Distribution Center
Type du poste : Permanent - Temps partiel
Metro is a Canadian leader in grocery, pharma and retail with annual sales of $16 billion and 85,000 employees in Ontario and Quebec. We are currently comprised of more than 250 grocery stores in Ontario that operate under the banners of Metro and Food Basics. With over 400 million being invested in Metro Ontario’s Supply Chain and Distribution over the next 5 years, we are looking for great people to help service our amazing customers.
Position: Order Picker
Employment Type: Part Time
Wage rate: $16.25/hr. with incremental increases according to the collective agreement*.
Benefits: Eligible after 1 year of employment.
Shift: Day (6am-2pm) Afternoon (2:00pm-10:00pm) and Overnight (10:00pm-6:00am).
*Shift premiums up to $0.55/hr. available for afternoon and overnight shifts following probation.
With the exclusive focus of servicing our store network, the Order Picker position at Metro provides opportunities for individuals with a desire to learn and be part of a team. The Order Picker role is essential within Metro, preparing orders for over 250 Metro and Food Basics stores across Ontario. Individuals will work in teams with the goal of exceeding customers’ expectations and providing the availability of a wide variety of products to every store.
What can we offer you?
- An active work life
- Paid orientation and training
- A variety of shifts including days, afternoons, nights, and weekends
- Up to 28 hours per week and up to 40 hours per week during peak periods. Minimum of 16 hours per week.
- A fast-paced service excellence focused environment
- Integrates in a culture where Health and Safety is priority by complying with safety policies and regulations.
- Responsible for the daily safety check of equipment for safe operation
- Ensures store orders are picked in a timely and accurate manner
- Demonstrates ability to achieve and maintain productivity expectations
- Uses a voice pick headset to select products from the warehouse aisles
- Operates a single/ double pallet jack machine
- Helps to maintain sanitation and food quality standard
- Ability to lift to 50 lbs repetitively
- Comfortable working in multi-temperature environments
- Capable of standing and walking for extended periods of time
- Must pass an onsite assessment
- Clear background check
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- CSA approved safety shoes
- Experience in distribution environments would be an asset
Metro is dedicated to fostering a diverse work environment. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment. Applicants that meet the qualifications will be contacted for an interview.
Metro is committed to accommodating applicants and employees with disabilities. Should you require accommodation or this job description to be available in an accessible format, please advise.
Postuler dès maintenant