Détails sur le poste
Lieu physique : Etobicoke, ON
Secteur : Marketing
Vice-Présidence : Manager, Communications
Type du poste : Permanent - Temps plein
This position is responsible for supporting the development and execution of communication initiatives, including promotional public relations for both the Metro and Food Basics banners, community investment, internal communications, crisis communications and internal events, as well as support of national corporate affairs.
- Contributes in the development and execution of seasonal programs, new store openings and corporate marketing to maximize the reach and impact of unpaid media impressions against commercial business priorities.
- Assists in the development of internal communications elements (employee newspaper, digital screens, internal bulletin boards, intranet, presentations & speeches, etc.)
- Contributes to the planning and execution of the annual Store Managers conference, Vendor Golf Tournament, media events and customer facing launch events.
- Leads the planning and execution of internal employee events (including, but not limited to the annual Head Office Employee BBQ, Head Office Meeting, Head Office Holiday Luncheon, Head Office Children's Party); provides cross-functional support to Human Resources and Operations during quarterly store recognition events.
- Assists with community investment initiatives, including the Green Apple School Program, Toonies for Tummies, Employee Giving Program and Day of Caring programs.
- Monitors, analyzes and circulates Metro and industry media coverage to appropriate internal stakeholders within Metro Ontario and Metro Inc.
- Coordinates period end budget reconciliations and investment summaries for period close meetings; tracks project and events costs against established budgets.
- Liaises with Metro Inc. Corporate Affairs department to create national synergies across corporate announcements and new policies.
- Supports Vice President and Manager on crisis communications response as required.
- College diploma or University studies (certificate) in relevant field (e.g. Degree in Communication, Journalism, Marketing, Public Relations or English).
- 1 - 3 years in-house Communications or public relations experience; additional agency experience considered an asset.
- Event planning experience is required.
- Knowledge of retail environment in Canada.
- A resourceful problem-solver with a drive to achieve results.
- Highly developed verbal, written and persuasive presentation skills.
- Ability to plan and achieve daily and weekly activities; able to identify, prioritize urgent and critical tasks. Able to adapt to peak periods.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle an asset.
Metro is dedicated to fostering a diverse work environment. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment. Applicants that meet the qualifications will be contacted for an interview.
Metro is committed to accommodating applicants and employees with disabilities. Should you require accommodation or this job description to be available in an accessible format, please advise.
*LI-ONPostuler dès maintenant