Détails sur le poste
Lieu physique : Divisional Office, Etobicoke
Secteur : Quality Assurance
Vice-Présidence : QA Laboratory Supervisor
Type du poste : Permanent - Temps plein
The QA Technician is responsible for performing the day-to-day activities within the QA Laboratory. Duties include physical, organoleptic and chemical testing of new and existing private label products. Carrying out investigations and corrective actions with vendors to ensure product quality. Maintaining the laboratory and product documentation is also required.
- Conduct testing of Metro's private label SKU's for compliance to Metro's specifications and government regulations (grade, size, volume, etc.).
- Accurate documentation of all testing as per the QA SOP's. This includes recording sensory and physical observations which may be used as a future reference.
- Support technical development for new and existing Corporate Brands products through testing and analysis of vendor documentation
- Investigation and resolution of private label SKU problems as identified thru customer complaints and/or quality surveillance.
- Participation in the daily sensory testing of private label SKU's.
- Assist with the drafting and updating of laboratory SOP's.
- Independent analysis of private label SKU's.
- Occasional work with the QA DC Coordinator in the inspection of products at warehouse level
- Other duties as assigned.
- University degree or College diploma in food science, nutrition or a related field.
- 2+ years of Quality Assurance food experience.
- Extended periods of standing and working at a laboratory bench required.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office suite skills.
- Valid drivers license
- Access to a vehicle an asset
- Must be able to lift and move 30 + pounds
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent analytical thinking and observation skills.
- Previous sensory experience is an asset.