Détails sur le poste
Lieu physique : Toronto, Ontario
Secteur : Grocery Replenishment
Vice-Présidence : Grocery Replenishment
Type du poste : Contractuel - Temps plein
The Inventory Manager controls the Grocery replenishment function for all banners for a selected group of vendors. The incumbent is accountable for meeting service level objectives and inventory turn objectives in multiple distribution centres. The incumbent manages a large portfolio of products through a multiple week time line to satisfy the needs of several diverse merchandising programs. Needs the ability to control inventory and maintain an acceptable service level to the stores in multiple distribution centres.
- Forecasts product requirements using system recommendations, promotions, and stock on hand.
- Constructs orders to maximize the Distribution Centre efficiency and supplier distribution allowances (for full truck, full pallet, full layer).
- Monitors inventory levels and anticipates or reacts to shortages and overstocks immediately.
- Anticipates and reacts to emergency product shortages with vendors and Distribution Centres.
- Expedites orders to ensure that product is received when it is scheduled.
- Schedules product deliveries into the Distribution Centre with Vendor and Distribution Centre personnel.
- Maintains ordering criteria such as consumption, MRP and forecast profiles, supplier lead times, rounding profiles, etc. in SAP.
- Identifies product overstocks to Category Managers and jointly develops plans to eliminate.
- Works with vendors to continually improve the logistics process in order to reduce distribution costs and/or inventory levels.
- College diploma or University studies (certificate) preferably in a business related field
- 5–7 years previous replenishment and/or grocery retail work
- Superior time management, priority management and organizational skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Experience working in a centralized replenishment environment utilizing modern forecasting, demand planning, replenishment software tools and processes would be an asset.
- Self motivated.
- Possess a great sense of urgency.
- Knowledge of SAP- Replenishment module is a definite asset
- Excellent skills in Excel, Word, Outlook.
Provides results to and receives direction from Senior Inventory Manager and Director. Communicates orally and through correspondence on a regular basis with Category Management, Merchandising, Distribution Centre, Corporate Brands and Customer Care personnel across all banners. Communicates orally and through correspondence on a regular basis with vendors.
Metro is dedicated to fostering a diverse work environment. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment.
Metro is committed to accommodating applicants and employees with disabilities. Should you require accommodation or this job description to be available in an accessible format, please advise.
Postuler dès maintenant