Détails sur le poste
Lieu physique : Distribution Centre, Etobicoke
Type du poste : Permanent - Temps partiel
The Human Resources Clerk is responsible and accountable for processing payroll in a timely and accurate manner in compliance with Company Policies, Collective Agreement and Government Legislation. The incumbent updates daily information in Kronos Time and Attendance system and also utilizes SAP-HR as required in the role. This position interacts extensively with internal and external customers addressing any inquiries, via phone, e-mail or personally. The Human Resources Clerk creates daily reports to ensure effective communication with the Operations team in the Distribution Centres.
- Process payroll from a bookkeeping perspective in a Time and Attendance system (Kronos) and maintaining employee records.
- Process and balance the hourly payroll for the unionized full and part time employees for four (4) Distribution Centres on a daily/weekly basis. Accurate data entry, adding and balancing between Kronos and excel labour sheets.
- Set up new hires in Kronos. Assist with set up of new hires in SAP, if needed.
- Update systems with status changes, terminations, leave of absences and address/phone number changes, work schedule changes.
- Ensure that job premiums, as set out in the Collective Agreement, are paid on a daily basis.Investigate payroll inquiries and process adjustments accordingly, utilizing tools such as SAP, Kronos and any supporting documentation.
- Sort and distribute direct deposit pay stubs for the Distribution Centres. On occasion attaching communication memos to pay stubs.
- Saturday/Sunday routine includes auditing week, scrolling records in Kronos and daily and weekly balancing of payroll.
- Requirement for coverage during the Christmas and New Year period and peak vacation season.
- Audit Emergency Leave of Absence forms once signed off by Human Resources Supervisor. This includes updating records in Kronos and SAP.
- Maintain files, keep filing up-to-date. Regular organization, packing up and storage of files.
- Report any irregularities in data to management.
- Producing reports for finance/operations and distributing as required.
- College Diploma in Human Resources, Payroll or Business Administration is an asset.
- 1+ years relevant work experience
- Good oral and written communication skills including good interpersonal skills.
- Solid mathematical and calculator skills. Strong computer skills. Knowledge of Kronos and SAP is an asset.
- Flexibility to work weekends, statutory holidays and extra days for vacation/absence relief, based on the needs of the business. Regular work is three scheduled days which includes weekends.
- Professional at all times and maintain utmost confidentiality of employee information and records.
- Experience in a Distribution Centre office environment and working with collective agreements is an asset.
- Ability to problem-solve and work independently with minimal or no supervision.
- Distribution Centre Departments (Operations, Human Resources, IT, Health & Safety, Finances and Labour Relations)
- Union employees.
- Vendors: Insurance companies, banks, lawyers, and Government offices.
Metro is dedicated to fostering a diverse work environment. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment. Applicants that meet the qualifications will be contacted for an interview.
Metro is committed to accommodating applicants and employees with disabilities. Should you require accommodation or this job description to be available in an accessible format, please advise.