Reporting to: -
Position type: Permanent - Full time
At Metro, we are growing every day, and hope that you'll pursue a career with us!
With over $12 billion in annual sales, we are a leader in the food and pharmaceutical sectors. With 70 years of experience in the food industry, we've grown to 600 supermarkets and 250 pharmacies across Ontario and Quebec.
At Metro, our strong and dedicated team strives to deliver: quality and freshness of products, expert in-store personnel, a positive shopping experience, and competitive prices. Our success is attributed to our team's drive and enthusiasm, making them responsible for our continued growth.
Be in the action and help make the difference when serving our customers. Become a brand ambassador and share your passion for food with our customers by becoming an Assistant Meat Department Head at our Metro store located at 1A-280 North Service Road West in Oakville, ON!
- Responsible for cutting and overseeing the cutting of meat products according to company standards.
- Ensures proper ordering, purchasing and inventory control, develops and implements strategic plans to achieve projected gross margin.
- Ensures adherence to Company policies and procedures, government regulations, health & safety, sanitation, security etc.
- Ensures department is ready for business at all times.
- Implements and ensures adherence to the Customer Service Policy.
- Provides support with overall store operation including store opening and closing.
- Possess extensive meat cutting skills, and excellent communication and training skills.
- Available to work evenings, Saturday and Sunday as required.
Metro is dedicated to fostering a diverse work environment. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment. Applicants that meet the qualifications will be contacted for an interview.
Metro is committed to accommodating applicants and employees with disabilities. Should you require accommodation or this job description to be available in an accessible format, please advise.Apply now