Reporting to: Bakery Manager
Position type: Permanent
The Decorator is responsible for the finishing / decorating of cakes according to bakery department requirements for retail display and sale, or specific customer requirements in a safe and sanitary manner. They are also involved in servicing customers in a courteous, friendly and efficient manner.
Address: 30 Front ST. N Orillia, ON
- Assists with the proper ordering, rotation and inventory control of product in the department. Maintains good knowledge of the preparation and display of products in the department.
- In addition to decorating the standard cakes offered in the Bakery, the Decorator will also take orders and customize cakes with the adornments that the bakery offers, as per customer requests.
- Follows all applicable Company policies and procedures, Government regulations, Health and Safety and Food Saftey regulations.
- Provides service to customers and responds to specific requests for product.
- May prepare icings, apply toppings and decorate cakes by writing customized messages using appropriate decorating tips and pasty bags. Additional decorating responsibilites include garnishing ready to buy cakes, such as cheesecases, seasonal products, pies and fruit tarts.
- May receive stock, unload and put away product and retrieve product from coolers/freezers.
- May assist with clean up of bakery area, shelves and glass display counters, as well as cleaning icing bags, nozzles, spatulas, icing comb sets, and other tools. May also clean and organize the back room/stock room, and cooler/freezer.
- Assists the Department Head/ Manager in the overall successful operation of the Bakery.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Department Head/ Manager, Store Manager or Assistant Store Manager.
- Customer service driven
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Good product knowledge, cake decorating skills, and attention to detail
Metro is committed to accommodating applicants and employees with disabilities. Should you require accommodation or this job description to be available in an accessible format, please advise.Apply now