Reporting to: Department Manager
Position type: Contractual - Full time
*Please apply online or in store with your resume*
At Metro, our strong and dedicated team strives to deliver: quality and freshness of products, expert in-store personnel, a positive shopping experience, and competitive prices. Our success is attributed to our team's drive and enthusiasm, making them responsible for our continued growth.
Be in the action and help make the difference when serving our customers. Become a brand ambassador and share your passion for food with our customers. The Bakery Department at 50 Beechwood Ave., Ottawa, ON is waiting for you!
- Receives, prices, stocks, rotates and merchandises products
- Prepares breakout (i.e. thaws, proofs, bakes, packages, prices and merchandises products from frozen raw state)
- Assists the Manager placing orders and taking inventory
- Implements and adheres to Customer Service Policy
- Adheres to Company policies and procedures and government regulations concerning health & safety, sanitation, security, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Manager
- High school graduate or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Minimum 1 year bakery experience which includes excellent product knowledge and rotation and merchandising experience
- Superior customer service skills
- Capable of standing for a prolonged period of 4-8 hours; of bending, twisting and turning and reaching; and of lifting up to 35 lbs.
- Available to work 40 hours per week, nights [may be scheduled between 9:00 p.m. and 9:00 a.m.], 5 shifts [minimum 4 hours, maximum 10 hours], Saturday and Sunday are part of the regular work week
Metro is dedicated to fostering a diverse work environment. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment. Applicants that meet the qualifications will be contacted for an interview.
Metro is committed to accommodating applicants and employees with disabilities. Should you require accommodation or this job description to be available in an accessible format, please advise.