Reporting to: Bakery Department Head/Manager
Position type: Permanent
The Baker is responsible for the preparation of bakery products for retail display and sale to customers in a safe and sanitary manner. They are also involved in servicing customers in a courteous, friendly and efficient manner.
Address: 2225 Erin Mills Pkwy Mississauga, On
- Assists with the proper ordering, rotation and inventory control of product in the department. Maintains good knowledge of the preparation and display of products in the department.
- May assist with managing and directing the staff of the department, particularly in the absence of the Department Head/ Manager, or Assistant Department Head/ Bakery Chief Clerk.
- Follows all applicable Company policies and procedures, Government regulations, Health and Safety and Food Safety regulations.
- Provides service to customers and responds to specific requests for product - ie. breads, buns, cakes, pastries, cookies, and commercial bakery products.
- May prepare bakery products from scratch including measuring ingredients according to recipes, mixing ingredients to form dough or batter, molding or shaping product, proofing/resting product, baking, and then applying appropriate finishes according to bakery guidelines, pricing and merchandising.
- May receive stock, unload and put away product and retrieve product from coolers/freezers.
- May assist with cleanup of bakery area, shelves and glass display counters, as well a cleaning pans and trays and equipment. May also clean and organize the back room/stock room, and cooler/freezer.
- Assists the Department Head/ Manager in the overall successful operation of the Bakery.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Department Head/ Manager, Store Manager or Assistant Store Manager.
- Customer service driven
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Good product knowledge, knowledge of baking or able to follow recipes, and attention to detail
Metro is dedicated to fostering a diverse work environment. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment.
Metro is committed to accommodating applicants and employees with disabilities. Should you require accommodation or this job description to be available in an accessible format, please advise.