Reporting to: Department Manager
Position type: Permanent - Full time
Support pharmacists operationally in providing dispensary and pharmacy services and achieving Company initiatives. The Pharmacy Technician will receive direction from the pharmacist on duty and Pharmacy Manager in working towards achievement of goals and objectives while adhering to both Company operating standards and Ontario College of Pharmacists' standards of practice.
|1875 Regent Street South, Sudbury, Ontario P3E 3Z7|
- Perform all aspects of the technical act of dispensing.
- Receive prescription refill requests and verbal prescriptions in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Provide customer assistance with merchandise on the sales floor and at the cash register.
- Complete the Recall Procedure for Pharmacy products.
- Establish and maintain patient profiles, and scan and file patient records.
- Contact prescribers for various functions.
- Answer phones and check IVR voicemail messages.
- Check emails and respond accordingly.
- Perform inventory-related tasks.
- Enter and reconcile invoices/credits.
- Maintain Rx shrink logs to assist in inventory management.
- Utilize wholesaler websites for various functions.
- Assist with dispensary paper work as directed.
- Perform all acts under the expanded scope of pharmacy practice.
- Maintain store standards and conditions.
- Education – CCAPP Accredited Pharmacy Technician Education Program.
- Licensure – Registered Pharmacy Technician with the Ontario College of Pharmacists.
- Proficient with current PC systems, MS Office programs and pharmacy software (Kroll).
- Interpersonal skills to build strong working relationships and positive work environment.
- Language skills to communicate clearly and listen carefully in a respectful manner
- Organizational skills to prioritize, plan ahead, manage time and be punctual.
- Customer service skills to achieve customer satisfaction by recognizing customer needs/wants.
- Receptivity to accept constructive feedback for continuous improvement.
- Initiative to identify and complete tasks independently.
Pharmacy Technician will receive direction from the Pharmacy Manager, Staff Pharmacist and Pharmacist on duty. They will interact with internal contacts (Pharmacy Operations, Pharmacy Services, Pharmacy Merchandising, Inventory Control and Audit, Store Services, McMahon, Metro IT) and external contacts (direct pharmacy vendors: McMahon, McKesson, Kroll Canada, VoiceTech Inc.).
Metro is dedicated to fostering a diverse work environment. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment. Applicants that meet the qualifications will be contacted for an interview.
Metro is committed to accommodating applicants and employees with disabilities. Should you require accommodation or this job description to be available in an accessible format, please advise.Apply now