Location: St. Thomas
Reporting to: -
Position type: Permanent - Full time
At Metro, we are growing every day, and hope that you'll pursue a career with us!
With over $12 billion in annual sales, we are a leader in the food and pharmaceutical sectors. With 70 years of experience in the food industry, we've grown to 600 supermarkets and 250 pharmacies across Ontario and Quebec.
At Metro, our strong and dedicated team strives to deliver: quality and freshness of products, expert in-store personnel, a positive shopping experience, and competitive prices. Our success is attributed to our team's drive and enthusiasm, making them responsible for our continued growth.
Be in the action and help make the difference when serving our customers. Become a brand ambassador and share your passion for food with our customers by becoming an Produce Department Head at our Metro store located at 417 Wellington St. St. Thomas, ON!
- Receives, prices, stocks, rotates and merchandises products
- Assists the Manager placing orders and taking inventory
- Implements and adheres to Customer Service Policy
- Adheres to Company policies and procedures and government regulations concerning health & safety, sanitation, security, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Manager
- Produce experience which includes excellent product knowledge and rotation and merchandising experience
- Superior customer service skills
- Available to work days, evenings, Saturdays and Sundays, as per the C.B.A.
- Strong communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Good product knowledge and attention to detail
Metro is dedicated to fostering a diverse work environment. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment. Applicants that meet the qualifications will be contacted for an interview.
Metro is committed to accommodating applicants and employees with disabilities. Should you require accommodation or this job description to be available in an accessible format, please advise.Apply now