Reporting to: -
Position type: Permanent
At Metro, we are growing every day, and hope that you'll pursue a career with us!
With over $12 billion in annual sales, we are a leader in the food and pharmaceutical sectors. With 70 years of experience in the food industry, we've grown to 600 supermarkets and 250 pharmacies across Ontario and Quebec.
At Metro, our strong and dedicated team strives to deliver: quality and freshness of products, expert in-store personnel, a positive shopping experience, and competitive prices. Our success is attributed to our team's drive and enthusiasm, making them responsible for our continued growth.
Be in the action and help make the difference when serving our customers. Become a brand ambassador and share your passion for food with our customers by becoming a Meat Cutter at one of our Metro stores. The Meat Department on 400 Eglinton Sq. in Scarborough is waiting for you!
- Cuts, prepares, and may wrap products for the fresh meat counter, according to production schedule.
- May stock and rotate product in the meat counter, checking code dates on product, pulling product that is off code and adjusting the cutting requirements to what products are required.
- May assist with the proper ordering, rotation and inventory control of product in the department. Maintains good knowledge of the preparation and display of products in the department.
- May stock, rotate and checks code dates on cooked meat counters.
- Follows all applicable Company policies and procedures, Government regulations, Health and Safety and Food Saftey regulations.
- Provides service to customers and responds to specific requests for product - ie. advice to customers on product preparation/cooking, or responds to customer special requests.
- May receive stock, unload, and put away product, and retrieve product from freezer/cooler.
- Sanitation and department clean up.
- Assists the Department Head/ Manager or, Assistant Department Head/ Manager/ Chief Clerk in the overall successful operation of the Department.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Department Head/ Manager, Store Manager or Assistant Store Manager.
- Customer service driven.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Good product knowledge and attention to detail.
Metro is dedicated to fostering a diverse work environment. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment. Applicants that meet the qualifications will be contacted for an interview.
Metro is committed to accommodating applicants and employees with disabilities. Should you require accommodation or this job description to be available in an accessible format, please advise.