Reporting to: -
Position type: Permanent - Full time
At Metro, we are growing every day, and hope that you'll pursue a career with us!
With over $12 billion in annual sales, we are a leader in the food and pharmaceutical sectors. With 70 years of experience in the food industry, we've grown to 600 supermarkets and 250 pharmacies across Ontario and Quebec.
At Metro, our strong and dedicated team strives to deliver: quality and freshness of products, expert in-store personnel, a positive shopping experience, and competitive prices. Our success is attributed to our team's drive and enthusiasm, making them responsible for our continued growth.
Be in the action and help make the difference when serving our customers. Become a brand ambassador and share your passion for food with our customers. The Bakery Department on 2225 Erin Mills Pkwy in Mississauga, ON is waiting for you!
- Assists with the proper ordering, rotation and inventory control of product in the department. Maintains good knowledge of the preparation and display of products in the department.
- May assist with managing and directing the staff of the department, particularly in the absence of the Department Head/ Manager, or Assistant Department Head/ Bakery Chief Clerk.
- Follows all applicable Company policies and procedures, Government regulations, Health and Safety and Food Safety regulations.
- Provides service to customers and responds to specific requests for product - ie. breads, buns, cakes, pastries, cookies, and commercial bakery products.
- May prepare bakery products from scratch including measuring ingredients according to recipes, mixing ingredients to form dough or batter, molding or shaping product, proofing/resting product, baking, and then applying appropriate finishes according to bakery guidelines, pricing and merchandising.
- May receive stock, unload and put away product and retrieve product from coolers/freezers.
- May assist with cleanup of bakery area, shelves and glass display counters, as well a cleaning pans and trays and equipment. May also clean and organize the back room/stock room, and cooler/freezer.
- Assists the Department Head/ Manager in the overall successful operation of the Bakery.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Department Head/ Manager, Store Manager or Assistant Store Manager.
• Prior baker experience is an asset
• Customer service driven
• Strong communication skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Good product knowledge and attention to detail
Metro is dedicated to fostering a diverse work environment. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment. Applicants that meet the qualifications will be contacted for an interview.
Metro is committed to accommodating applicants and employees with disabilities. Should you require accommodation or this job description to be available in an accessible format, please advise.