Reporting to: Department Manager
Position type: Permanent - Full time
~~At Metro, our strong and dedicated team strives to deliver: quality and freshness of products, expert in-store personnel, a positive shopping experience, and competitive prices. Our success is attributed to our team's drive and enthusiasm, making them responsible for our continued growth.
Be in the action and help make the difference when serving our customers. Become a brand ambassador and share your passion for food with our customers by becoming an Assistant Produce Manager at our Metro store at 250 Greenbank Rd., Nepean.
- Assists the Manager supervising, directing, motivating and training staff; in performing administrative duties; and in replacing the Manager during his/her absences
- Receives, prices, stocks, rotates and merchandises products
- Orders a full range of products and assists in taking inventory
- Implements and ensures adherence to Customer Service Policy
- Ensures adherence to Company policies and procedures and government regulations concerning health & safety, sanitation, security, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Manager
- High school graduate or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Minimum 2 years’ deli/supervisory experience which includes excellent product knowledge and rotation, merchandising, ordering and inventory control experience
- Superior customer service, supervisory and communication skills
- Proven ability to remain calm under pressure
- Capable of standing for a prolonged period of 4-8 hours; of bending, twisting and turning and reaching; and of lifting up to 30 lbs.
- Available to work 40 hours per week, up to 3 evenings per week, 5 shifts [minimum 4 hours, maximum 10 hours], Saturday and Sunday are part of the regular work week [i.e. required to work every Sunday - may request two consecutive days-off during the every other week]